Golden State Warriors Favored in NBA Finals, Curry and Durant MVP Favorites

Westgate Las Vegas has opened with the Golden State Warriors as clear favorites over the Cleveland Cavaliers. The bookmaker site positions the Warriors at -240 and the Cavaliers at +200. That means Westgate believes Golden State has about a 67-70% chance of taking the series, while the Cavs have a 33-30% chance of repeating as champions.

[Read more…]

Jared Kushner in Colorado the Same Day as Chelsea Owner, Putin Confidant Roman Abramovich

jared-kushner-ivanka-trump

UPDATE: via the New York Times- “Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, spoke in December with Russia’s ambassador to the United States about establishing a secret communications channel between the Trump transition team and Moscow to discuss strategy in Syria and other policy issues, according to three people with knowledge of the discussion.”

With the Donald Trump White House and Vladimir Putin/Russia we have seen endless coincidences and plenty of collaboration. However, we have not seen evidence of definitive treasonous collusion. “The smoking gun,” as one would proverbially put it, hasn’t been found yet, but it could be coming to light reasonably soon.

[Read more…]

Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors: NBA Finals Preview, Prediction

cleveland-cavaliers-golden-state-warriors-nba-finals

This is the real party right here, right now. The actual NBA postseason is FINALLY HERE!

It’s the Cleveland Cavaliers versus the Golden State Warriors, and now it’s the rubber match of the series. G.S. took the first one in 2015, the Cavs won last year, and now we’ll watch an epic NBA Finals series that should certainly redeem what was a dreadfully tedious and utterly pointless NBA playoffs.

You knew it was going to be these two teams all along, and the road here was filled with completely predictable and essentially boring chalk. Although we did all have some fun on social media with some of the laughable blowouts.

[Read more…]

WORST (or BEST) of the Indianapolis 500 Infield People Watching

racing-fan

The Indianapolis 500 is the world’s highest attended single day event. Its total capacity is approximately 400,000 with about 125,000 located in the cheapest and most “festive” seats of the infield.

All newbies marvel at the sheer size of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway upon entering it the first time. The modern day answer to Circus Maximus is large enough to hypothetically house the Vatican, Churchill Downs, Yankee Stadium and the Rose Bowl all at the same time.

[Read more…]

Kentucky Basketball: How Next Year’s Rotation Looks with Hamidou Diallo Returning

hamidou-diallo

Freshman guard Hamidou Diallo only practiced for the Kentucky basketball team last year; he never saw action in any games. Usually, when a player of no experience returns to a college basketball team, it’s not huge news.

It is for Kentucky though because they have so little experience returning from this past season’s Elite 8 team.

[Read more…]

Jalen Coleman-Lands Leaves Illini Basketball; Offseason of High Turnover Continues

jalen coleman-lands

Jalen Coleman-Lands is today’s Illini basketball trending topic, in the silly season that just won’t end. Says this for the 2017 offseason, it has certainly not been boring. The eventfulness continues today with news, first reported by Scout.com national recruiting expert Evan Daniels that JCL is leaving the Illinois basketball program.

Daniels cites word from the father of Jalen Coleman-Lands.

[Read more…]

Boston Celtics Have an Opportunity to Build for Next Year, and the Future is Bright

Despite the upset win in Cleveland last night, the Boston Celtics can still begin the process of looking ahead to next season. After that game two DESTRUCTION at the hands of the Cavaliers, at home, which social media had a ton of fun with, you know that their elimination is inevitable.

Maybe the best joke Friday night was “the Boston Celtics are the first team in NBA history to tank AFTER winning the NBA Draft Lottery.”

[Read more…]

Real Madrid vs MLS All-Stars: More Event Week Details Emerge

real madrid isco

Real Madrid will be the opponent in this summer’s Major League Soccer All-Star Game, which will be held August 2 at Soldier Field. Los Blancos will come to Chicago’s lakefront to face MLS’s finest in the 2017 MLS All-Star Game, televised at 8 p.m. CT on FS1, UniMás, TSN and TVA Sports domestically, as well as across 170 countries globally. 

The Chicago Fire, who played at Soldier Field from their inception in 1998 until 2002, will be the event’s host. Although the game itself will not be in the Fire’s home stadium of Toyota Park in suburban Bridgeview, the venue host some of the peripheral events.

[Read more…]

Central Midfielders Key Chicago Fire Rebuild; Slightly Similar to Chicago Cubs and Shortstops

nelson rodriguez bastian schweinsteiger

The Chicago Fire rebirth, from an on-the-pitch standpoint, centers around three recently acquired players at the same exact position, central midfield. The stellar triad is composed of Juninho, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Dax McCarty.

Fire General Manager Nelson Rodriguez had a tremendous off-season, addressing the club’s primary talent need, and it’s resulted in a genesis of his on-field product.

[Read more…]

Bastian Schweinsteiger to Get Medal as Manchester United Claim Europa League Title

bastian schweinsteiger

Bastian Schweinsteiger has a reward awaiting him now that Manchester United has won the Europa League tournament this season.

After the Chicago Fire resoundingly defeated the current Major League Soccer defending champion Seattle Sounders, the German icon was asked if he’s been following United’s progression through to the Europa League final in Stockholm. The midfielder who moved from Manchester United to Chicago Fire this past March was also quizzed on the medal that he’ll receive now that United has defeated Ajax 2-0 and claimed the Europa tournament title.

[Read more…]

Illini Basketball Adds Wing Mark Alstork; Rayvonte Rice Comparisons Apt

mark-alstork

Maybe Illini basketball will play four guards/wings this season instead of just three?

Illinois made another “splash hire” today with the addition of Wright State graduate transfer Mark Alstork. The 6-foot-5 wing/two guard/off the ball guard averaged 19 points, 4.7 rebounds and 3.5 assists last year. He also knocked down 39% of his 3-point attempts.

Here’s a neat little video of his decision:

[Read more…]

Ibrahimovic Gets Picture Taken with “Zlatan Stay and You Can Shag My Wife” Sign

zlatan ibrahimovic

What a bummer it was that Zlatan Ibrahimovic was injured and couldn’t play in his “homecoming match” tonight.

At least the Swedish striker still had a chance to celebrate the glory of winning a trophy in his homeland. Manchester United claimed a 2-0 victory over Ajax, obtaining their first ever Europa League/UEFA Cup title, and a spot in next year’s UEFA Champions League. Of all the fun tweets we saw celebrating the glorious triumph, these photos/videos of Zlatan Ibrahimovic stood out from the heard. 

[Read more…]