Manchester City want to celebrate another Premier League title on Sunday, and it looks very unlikely that Chelsea can stop them. Google gives Man City a 78% chance of winning with a draw coming in at 14%. A Chelsea win probability is only 8%. To quote Lloyd Christmas, “so you’re saying there’s a chance.”
The sports books have similar sentiment, with favorites City being priced at 1/5, a draw can be had at 5/1 while the underdogs Chelsea are valued at 12/1.
Chelsea FC at Manchester City FYIs
Kickoff: Sunday May 21, 4pm, Etihad Stadium
Team News: Chelsea Manchester City
Starting XI Predictions: Chelsea Manchester City
Transatlantic Passage: How the Premier League Redefined Soccer in America: LINK
“Fun” Fact: City eliminated Chelsea from both cup competitions this season.
PL Form Chelsea DWLLL Manchester City: WWWWW
The second and interim era of Frank Lampard is nearing a close. It will soon be Mauricio Pochettino time. But for now, let’s look at the lineup that the Blues all-time leading scorer might go with in this one.
Lewis Hall continues on at left back, due to injuries at the position.
Chelsea Starting XI Prediction at Manchester City
Mendy; Hall, Silva, Badiashile, Azpilicueta; Gallagher, Fernandez, Loftus-Cheek; Mudryk, Felix, Sterling
Paul M. Banks is the owner/manager of The Sports Bank. He’s also the author of “Transatlantic Passage: How the English Premier League Redefined Soccer in America,” and “No, I Can’t Get You Free Tickets: Lessons Learned From a Life in the Sports Media Industry.”
He’s written for numerous publications, including the New York Daily News, Sports Illustrated and the Chicago Tribune. He regularly appears on NTD News and WGN News Now. Follow the website on Twitter and Instagram.
Leave a Reply