Brooklyn Nets agree to $40 million deal with Gerald Wallace

FacebookGoogle+TwitterLinkedInPinterestTumblrRedditStumbleUponFarkGoogle BookmarksMySpaceShare

The Brooklyn Nets made a statement about trying to retain their base today by committing to re-sign their “second piece,” at least in theory. The agent of Gerald Wallace says he’s verbally committed to stay with Brooklyn. Whether you think Wallace is an actual #2 piece though is up to you.

Will this help retain Deron Williams? D Will is down to just Dallas and Brooklyn as his free agent choices.

According to ESPN.com New York:

The Nets have been openly confident in their ability to re-sign Wallace, who opted out of the final year of his contract last month with the intent of staying with the Nets.

No new contracts in the NBA can be officially signed until July 11, but sources told ESPN.com that Wallace — originally expected to land a three-year deal worth $24 million — will instead land the four-year deal.

Wallace opted out of the $9.5 million he was originally scheduled to earn in 2012-13 on June 15 to proceed to free agency.

The deal is reportedly for 4 years, $40 million.

Paul M. Banks is CEO of The Sports Bank.net, an official Google News site generating millions of unique visitors. He’s also a regular contributor to Chicago Now, Chicago Tribune.com, Fox Sports, MSN, Walter Football and Yardbarker

A Fulbright scholar and MBA, Banks has appeared on live radio all over the world; and he’s a member of the Football Writers Association of America, U.S. Basketball Writers Association, and Society of Professional Journalists. The President of the United States follows him on Twitter (@Paul_M_BanksTSB) You should too

Powered by

Speak Your Mind