Here’s more about him:
Leads the NCAA in forced fumbles (6, .6 per game) and is second in the tackles for loss
• Ranks fourth nationally with 1.05 sacks per game and leads the team with 10.5 sacks.
• Named semifinalist for Lott Trophy.
• In SEC games, ranks first in the league in sacks and tackles for loss.
• Recorded nine tackles against Georgia Tech last week.
• Led the team with a career-high 13 tackles, 12 of which were solo vs. No. 3 Florida, and also
recorded a team-leading three sacks, 4.5 tackles for loss in addition to forcing and recovering two
fumbles. Was named Walter Camp National Player of the Week, Nagurski National Defensive Player of
the Week, College Football Performance Linebacker of the Week and SEC Defensive Player of the Week for
second time of the season.
“I don’t know that there’s a defensive player in the country who has made more game-changing plays for his team than Jarvis Jones,
who rushes the passer, covers receivers and stops the run. He’s one of the best college linebackers I’ve seen in a long, long time.”
–Mark Schlabach, ESPN, espn.com
Paul M. Banks is CEO of The Sports Bank.net, an official Google News site that generates millions of unique visitors. He’s also a regular contributor to Chicago Now, Walter Football.com, Yardbarker, and Fox Sports
He does regular weekly radio spots in Chicago and Cleveland and has appeared on live shows all across the world from Houston to New Zealand. The President of the United States follows him on Twitter (@Paul_M_BanksTSB) You should too.Follow paulmbanks