Liverpool FC Starting XI Prediction at Southampton FC

Share

jurgen-klopp

Last time out, it looked like fate is tipping its hand towards Liverpool FC finally ending their long league title drought. The way they beat Tottenham Hotspur at home, and the manner in which they did, really makes it seem like the long-awaited silverware is in their destiny.

Even manager Jurgen Klopp himself described the win as “ugly.” Up next is a trip to the south coast, where several Reds will get the chance to face their former club- Southampton FC. Let’s take a look at who Klopp may select in his first team on the pitch in this one.

liverpool

The Bank    Liverpool FC Starting XI Prediction at Fulham (4-3-3)

Forwards: Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah 

Midfielders: Georginio Wijnaldum, Jordan Henderson, James Milner

Back line:  Andrew Robertson, Virgil van Dijk, Joel Matip, Trent Alexander-Arnold

Goalkeeper:  Alisson

Kickoff is Friday April 3 at the St. Mary’s Stadium, 8pm. The injury report for both teams is available at this link. The odds, via William Hill, have a Liverpool victory at 42/100, a draw is backed at 18/5 while the underdog Saints are priced at 7/1 to win. 

southampton-fc

Tech titan and search engine monopolist Google has a match result prediction app, and it paints a picture reflective of what the bookies say. Google shows a Liverpool win at 67% probability, a draw at 21%, with the likelihood of an Eagles win computed to be 12%.

The form guide for both sides looks like this: Liverpool WWWDW   Southampton WWLWL

Final score prediction: Liverpool 1, Saints 0

We foresee an away side win, as there just seems to be too much will power and emotion to let an opportunity for three points here slip away right now.

Paul M. Banks runs The Sports Bank.net, which is partnered with News Now. Banks, a former writer for NBC Chicago.com and Chicago Tribune.com, regularly appears as a guest pundit on WGN CLTV and co-hosts the “Let’s Get Weird, Sports” podcast on SB Nation

He also contributes sociopolitical essays to Chicago NowFollow him on Twitter and Instagram. The content of his cat’s Instagram account is unquestionably superior to his.

Powered by

Speak Your Mind