Quick hits from Tuesday’s 108-99 loss at Golden State:
Timberwolves blew another double-digit lead; led by 11 in the first half.
Monta Ellis is a stud. 34 points on 13 of 24 shooting. He also had 6 assists.
The Timberwolves are obviously missing an electric player of the likes of Monta Ellis.
Timberwolves continue to struggle to get out to shooters. Golden State was 11 for 22 from deep.
Kevin Love had 13 points and 14 rebounds for his 11th consecutive double double. He did have a poor night from the field shooting 6 for 18.
Darko Milic had a career high 25 points, to go along with 11 rebounds.
Darko’s contract is NOT THAT BAD:
- On the year he is averaging 9.1 points per game, 5.9 rebounds per game, and 2.8 blocks per game in just over 26 minutes a night.
- Andris Biedrins is averaging 6.7 points per game, 9.7 rebounds per game, and .7 blocks per game in over 27 minutes a night.
- Each of them has a four-year deal. Darko is getting paid 5 million dollars this year, while Biedrins is making 9 million dollars.
Michael Beasley needs to stay out of foul trouble:
- Fouled out tonight.
- Entering play tonight, 7th in league with 3.6 a game.
- Over the last 10 games Beasley is averaging just over 4 fouls a game.
Luke Ridnour looked like he was feeling the pressure of Jonny Flynn’s presence.
- Although he had 11 assists, he had 5 points on 1 of 9 shooting.
Martel Webster showed that he is the spark off the bench that has been missing.
- 17 points in 26 minutes. Although he did have 5 turnovers.
Fox Sport Net North’s color commentator Jim Petersen in regards to the Timberwolves, “one of the most talented teams I’ve seen in my 13 years. They have the tools.”
You can follow Brett on Twitter, or on his weekly podcast
He can be contacted at email@example.com
Leave a Reply