• Skip to main content
  • Skip to secondary menu
  • Skip to primary sidebar

The Sports Bank

Football. Soccer. Basketball. Gaming and Much More

  • Home
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Archives
  • Media
  • Your Tech Consulting Needs
  • Premier League Book

Now TWO Fly-over protests against David Moyes Chosen One banner

March 28, 2014 By paulmbanks

Share

the-chosen-one-banner-david-moyes-banner

 

The Chosen One banner is certainly a polarizing presence within the Manchester United fan base. At Old Trafford it really inspires a passionate backlash. The Chosen One banner was almost ripped down following the 3-nil loss to local rivals Manchester City on Tuesday. Stadium stewards had to be called in to stop angry Red Devils supporters from taking it down. 

Tomorrow when United host Aston Villa, there will be two different groups utilizing the skies above Old Trafford to express their message against Moyes and the banner that celebrates him.

Some fans had earlier called for the group that made the banner – Stretford End Flags (SEF) – to remove it following the 3-0 defeat to Liverpool almost two weeks ago. SEF has stated the banner will remain for now.

david-moyes-chosen-one-banner

One United fans’ blog, therepublikofmancunia.com, claimed supporters are planning to send their own message during the game tomorrow.

The blog states: “A group of United fans have raised £840 in a day to fund a plane to fly over Old Trafford with a message reading ‘Wrong One – Moyes Out’.

“The message is a response to the Stretford End Flags banner which reads ‘The Chosen One’.”

So the Chosen One banner is certainly a polarizing entity. Now today, a second banner from a second plane will be a countermeasure to the Chosen one banner. Press Association Sport understands that a high-street bookmaker is behind the second banner.The bookmaker is refusing to reveal the message their plane will drag across the skies, but it is understood to not be favourable towards Moyes.

“Wrong one – Moyes out” banner set to fly over Old Trafford – David Moyes’s reaction https://t.co/iDPAlnlfr8 #mufc pic.twitter.com/ATYVo5PSOP

— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) March 28, 2014

 

Paul M. Banks owns The Sports Bank.net, an affiliate of Fox Sports. An MBA and Fulbright scholar, he’s also a frequent commentator on national talk radio. The former NBC Chicago and Washington Times contributor has also been featured on the History Channel. President Obama follows him on Twitter (@paulmbanks)

Related Posts via Categories

  • Michael Carrick Says Luke Shaw Deserves Another England Call-Up
  • Manchester United News: Michael Carrick, Bruno Fernandes, Home Kit Reveal
  • Man United Team News vs Nottingham Forest: Michael Carrick, Casemiro, Benjamin Sesko
  • Marcus Rashford Discusses Potential Barcelona Future After Title Clincher
  • Man United Team News at Sunderland: Michael Carrick, Benjamin Sesko, Lisandro Martinez
  • Michael Carrick Expected to be Offered Permanent Man United Manager Job
  • Matheus Cunha in Favor of Michael Carrick Becoming Permanent Man United Manager
  • Liverpool Team News at Man United: Mo Salah, Alisson Becker, Giorgi Mamardashvili, Wataru Endo
  • Man United Team News vs Liverpool: Luke Shaw, Matheus Cunha, Matthijs de Ligt
  • Man United Team News vs Brentford: Bryan Mbeumo, Matheus Cunha, Leny Yoro, Harry Maguire

Filed Under: Manchester United

Primary Sidebar

newsnow_f_ab

Recent Posts

  • Pep Guardiola Leaving Manchester City, Enzo Maresca Lined Up as Replacement
  • Michael Carrick Says Luke Shaw Deserves Another England Call-Up
  • Aston Villa Team News vs Freiburg: Tyrone Mings, Victor Lindelof, Amadou Onana, Allyson
  • FIFA Making 2026 World Cup the Most Exclusionary of All-Time
  • USMNT Has Two More Chances to Inspire Excitement for Home World Cup

From Our Sponsors

utländska casinon

Casinos not on Gamstop - Safe & Trusted


Copyright © 2026 · WordPress · Log in