Tottenham Hotspur Starting XI Prediction at Ajax: UCL Semifinal Leg 2/2

Share

Tottenham Hotspur have failed to score in four of their last five matches across all competitions, and they put up a goose egg in the first/home leg of their UCL semifinal tie with Ajax. It’s clear that they really miss Harry Kane right now. They were also without Heung-Min Son at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last week, due to a suspension.

He’ll be back this week, and the north London side hopes that his return can inspire some badly needed scoring. At least Tottenham have this going for them- one goal is enough to get them through. That’s all it takes to advance to the final in Madrid, due to the goal differential tie-breaker.

ajax

The odds are against them doing so, but the odds aren’t very long. If you’re going to be wagering on this match, then you should really first consult this step by step guide to BetAmerica, and then comparison shop for the best odds. For the most part, we’re seeing sports books backing a Spurs win at 12/5, with odds for a draw at 11/4. The hosts and favorites Ajax are typically priced at 6/5. In looking at the odds to qualify, we usually Ajax in the ballpark of 2/7 and  Tottenham priced at 5/2.

If you consult American tech titan Google, their result probability, for 90 minutes, forecasts a 30% chance for a Tottenham victory, 44% for Ajax and 26% for a draw.

mauricio pochettino

That all said, let’s take a look at what starting lineup we might see from Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino. It will be interesting to see what he does in the midfield, as he does have some selection limitations in the middle of the park.

Tottenham Hotspur Starting XI Prediction (4-3-3) at Ajax: Champions League Semifinal Leg 2/2)

Attack: Heung-Min Son, Lucas Moura, Christian Eriksen

Midfield: Eric Dier, Moussa Sissoko, Dele Alli

Defense: Danny Rose, Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld, Kieran Trippier

Goalkeeper: Hugo Lloris

heung-min-son

Tottenham Hotspur vs Ajax UEFA Champions League Leg 2/2 FYIs

Kickoff- Wednesday May 8, Johan Cruyff Arena 8pm

Injury report for both sides: go to this link

Starting XI Predictions: Tottenham Hotspur  Ajax

Prediction: Tottenham 1, Ajax 0

Paul M. Banks runs The Sports Bank.net, which is partnered with News Now. Banks, the author of “No,  I Can’t Get You Free Tickets: Lessons Learned From a Life in the Sports Media Industry,” regularly appears on WGN CLTV and co-hosts the “Let’s Get Weird, Sports” podcast on SB Nation

Banks, a former writer for NBC Chicago.com and Chicago Tribune.com, also contributes to Chicago NowFollow him on Twitter and Instagram. The content of his cat’s Instagram account is unquestionably superior to his.

Powered by

Comments

  1. Robspurs says

    Dont want Dier near the place, Mourra on bench and Llorente to lead the line. Your lineup suggests you havent been watching the last 3 games hav i????

  2. Jon HURST says

    And your recommendation suggests you didnt see the first leg or any of our recent games robspurs, moura has been one of our better players and llorente was out of his depth in the first leg. Agree dier would be better off left in england tho.

  3. Robspurs says

    No you have misread my comment Jon, although my incorrect typing at the end didn’t help. I havent missed a second throughout the season. Mourra falls short on the big occasion but Llorente was a great target man in first leg, and caused Ajax a headache, he will definitely start tomorrow, and Mourra will be effective late on with his speed off the bench

  4. Jon HURST says

    Do suppose your right altho, id personally rather see son upfront to start but will admit llorente much improved in the second half and did make us look dangerous.

Speak Your Mind