By David K. and Paul M. Banks
1. Purdue -Looking kind of like the Glenn Robinson/Cuonzo Martin years
-A healthy Robbie Hummel makes the difference in a convincing win against State
2. Michigan St. -Not deserving of a top ten national ranking, but dominating team on the glass
-Raymar Morgan is back, but still not 100%
3. Minnesota -It’s sad that I’m putting them this high
-cause somebody has to be here
4. Illinois -nation’s third ranked scoring defense will have to carry the load with schizophrenic offense
5. Wisconsin -They have “Bomentum” now
6. tie Penn State -shouldn’t put on dancing shoes just yet, but can slip on the dancing socks at least for now, – They continue to make their case of being Tourney worthy
Ohio St. -Who is Jon Diebler…the white Glen Rice?
-Evan Turner is the most talented player in the conference. Sorry Manny Harris.
8. Tie Northwestern – Back to reality after flirting with being a bubble team.
-Imagine what they could do if they add any decent big men, semblance of rebounding?
Michigan -Will need to run table in Indy to end decade long tourney drought
-5-1 odds they win the NIT
10. Iowa – Think Jess Settles can get an 8th year of college eligibility?
-Can they have a game with the score in the 60s, for once..please!
11. Indiana -basketball version of the Texas St. Armadillos in 1992 film “necessary roughness”
Lost 14 of their last 15… Hey Tom, Marquette is a half-game out of first in the Big East. PUT THE MATCHES AND GASOLINE DOWN, TOM!!!!