2014 Super Bowl Media Day begins tomorrow morning 9:30 AM CST at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The NFL Network will be broadcasting all day on site, and they will have blanket coverage. Approximately 5,000 media members will be credentialed for 2014 Super Bowl Media Day, and if you don’t work in the media industry, but really want to go, tickets are $28.50.
It sounds nuts but people are actually willing to watch reporters get into a swarm/gang bang/mosh pit style fusion of humanity to hear corporatized responses and bromides from highly PR trained football players.
Yes, millions of people will watch 2014 Super Bowl Media Day; both on television and in person.
I think we know who will have the biggest swarm around him. I’m just hoping no reporter gets trampled on while trying to ask Richard Sherman to clarify his feelings about certain words.
So watch the live broadcast at 2014 Super Bowl Media Day and imagine how many times you’ll hear the same shopworn questions from reporters with pedestrian minds. Here are five that will be asked over and over and over again:
1. Pete Carroll, what’s the difference between the championship atmosphere here versus on the college level?
2. Peyton Manning, what does this game mean to your legacy?
3. Peyton, how much longer do you think you’ll be playing this game?
4. Richard Sherman, how do you feel you’ve been misunderstood these past ten days?
5. Richard, how do you feel you’ve been misrepresented these past ten days?
6. Russell Wilson, are you glad you gave up baseball to do this now?
7. (Any Seahawks player) Tell us about how important the 12th man is
We’ll see what storylines emerge from 2014 Super Bowl Media Day. Something outrageous will come up.
Paul M. Banks is the owner of The Sports Bank.net, an affiliate of Fox Sports. An MBA and Fulbright scholar in media studies, he’s also an analyst for multiple news talk radio stations across the country; with regular weekly segments on NBC and Fox Sports Radio. President Barack Obama follows him on Twitter (@paulmbanks)Follow paulmbanks