Happy NBA Draft Day!!!! Time to defend my crown as having the most accurate NBA Mock Draft on the internet last year (humble brag.) Click on the players’ name for a complete, in-depth scouting report and the team name for a list of off-season needs. You can also follow links to interviews The Sports Bank conducted with the top prospects at the NBA Draft Combine. Also, check back later today for our FINAL version.
32. Washington- Evan Fournier, SG, France, 6-6, 1992
Drafting a foreign talent like Evan Fournier and stashing him overseas for a year or two would make sense.
36. Sacramento-Miles Plumlee, C, Duke, 7-0, Sr.
It pains me to put Miles Plumlee in my mock draft since he was pretty worthless during his time at Duke. However, NBA teams love size and athleticism which Plumlee possesses.
43. Atlanta (from PHX)- Jared Cunningham, SG, Oregon State, 6-4, Jr.
Again, the Hawks need depth all over since they only have six players under contract for next season.
44. Detroit (from HOU)- Tomas Sotaransky, SG, Czech Republic, 6-6, 199
Pistons go the foreign route with their third pick of the draft.
45. Philadelphia- Kevin Murphy, SG, Tennessee Tech, 6-6, Sr.
The Sixers grab a shooter since Jodie Meeks is a restricted free agent.
46. New Orleans (from WAS)- Kris Joseph, SF, Syracuse, 6-7, Sr.
Trading Trevor Ariza creates a need for depth at small forward.
47. Utah- Orlando Johnson, SG, UC-Santa Barbara, 6-5, Sr.
Jazz need depth on the wing since C.J. Miles and Josh Howard are both free agents.
48. New York- Kevin Jones, PF, West Virginia, 6-7, Sr.
Knicks need depth all over and likely take the best player on the board at this point.
49. Orlando- Khris Middleton, SF, Texas A&M, 6-7, Jr.
Orlando likely takes the best player on the board at this point.
50. Denver- Kostas Papanikolaou, 6-8, SF, Greece, 1990
Since their core is under contract for next season, the Nuggets go the foreign route.
Go here for more on Will Buford
52. Golden State (from ATL)- Furkan Aldemir, PF, Turkey, 6-9, 1991
The Warriors will draft at least one foreign player if they keep all four of their picks.
53. L.A. Clippers- Bernard James, C, Florida State, 6-10, Sr.
The Clips need depth on the wing and in their frontcourt and take the best available at that spot.
56. Toronto(from IND)- Leon Radosevic, F/C, Croatia, 6-10, 1991
The Raps go the foreign route with their third pick of the draft.
59. San Antonio- Marcus Denmon, SG, Missouri, 6-3, Sr.
Spurs always seem to find second round steals and that’s exactly what Marcus Denmon could be at this point.
60. L.A. Lakers (from CHI)- Tu Holloway, PG, Xavier, 6-0, Sr.
Lakers continue to look for an answer at point guard especially since Ramon Sessions will be a free agent.
David Kay is a senior feature NBA Draft, NBA, and college basketball writer for the Sports Bank. He also heads up the NBA and college basketball material at Walter Football.com and is a former contributor at The Washington Times Communities. David has appeared on numerous national radio programs spanning from Cleveland to New Orleans to Honolulu. He also had the most accurate 2011 NBA Mock Draft on the web.