After a week off, thanks to life getting in the way of a good rant, Ramblings are back and better than ever. Well, hopefully these are at least decent. Basically, I just hope you enjoy them a little bit. Or more.
So let’s go …
· If Wrigley is a hitter’s park, how would one describe the Ballpark at Arlington?
· Can the Cubs play the Astros 162 times? I would be so excited about October baseball if that were possible!
· In 2006 the Cubs just kept throwing any old arm out there, and I thought it really couldn’t get worse than this. How I long for Juan Mateo and Ryan O’Malley!
· Everyone has a friend or two that is a degenerate gambler. I have eight. They bet on the Little League World Series.
· In no way am I one of those eight. Never.
· I have attended six Cubs Conventions and have heard Oneri Fleita speak at just about everyone of them. I always liked him. He was informed and smooth. The moves this week reaffirm that results matter. He just didn’t produce the needed results.
· If you disagree, please tell me why. I am more than open-minded, but I just don’t see it.
· While many may disagree, the Cubs don’t owe their fans a competitive team the second-half of a horrible season. They owe their fans a plan to win the World Series. If they lose 100 games two years in a row, I do not care. I care if they win a World Series.
· Who is the Cubs hitting coach? Do the Cubs have the hitting coach? I am being serious. Or maybe they do not to continue their quest to ruin the best player on the team.
· Right? That is what every team tries to do. They try to ruin their best player and make him horrible. I feel bad Castro is being treated this well.
· I know it is hard to tell sometimes, but the last two bullets are sarcasm. Thick, thick sarcasm.
· Remember when the Sean Marshall trade was horrible? Well, to some at least.
· Yes, I am trying to generate conversation, or start arguments. There is not all that much to discuss, and the Cubs do not play until 6:00 CST Friday night.
· Darwin Barney set the Franchise record for errorless games in a row breaking Ryno’s record. And he could not have done so more quietly if he tried.
· Chris Volstad, please meet Anthony Young. Mr. Young, this is Chris.
· Let Vitters play everyday. Please, dear everything, play him everyday. He has a history of adjusting slowly to a new level. There is no reason not to play him everyday.
· And hopefully that thought can prove that I am not a blind McThoyer lover!
· What I am about to say is going to be torn apart … and I am okay with that. However, I am really not sure how Crane Kenney is responsible for anything on the field. He never made a single personnel decision … ever.
· Please do not take that as defending Crane Kenney. I am not. I just don’t get why he is blamed. He has always been a businessman, not a baseball man.
· Per David Kaplan’s tweet, the Ricketts have eaten approximately $50 million in salaries. Calling them cheap is ignorant, uninformed and just plain dumb.
Well, there you go. I put myself out there to get torn from limb to limb. I think I would rather be tarred, feathered, drawn and quartered when this verbal attack is over. Obviously, I am kidding about that. Right now plenty is going on with this team. All thoughts and feelings are fair. No one is wrong; it is just their opinion.
So, let’s hear them all and have a great, fair and respectful discussion.
And until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!Powered by Sidelines Follow paulmbanks