Manti Te’o Returns to Notre Dame; Puts NFL Draft on Hold


manti-te'o

Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o has decided to hold off on the NFL money for now. The junior will return to South Bend for his senior season, Te’o announced Sunday night at the Lott IMPACT Trophy banquet.

In midseason he tweeted “Playin for my bros and that’s it!!!!” And this was during the same week Brian Kelly made public comments segregating players he recruited from those recruited by Charlie Weis. So it was widely previously expected that Te’o was gone.

The 6-2, 255-pound Hawaiian was a finalist for the Butkus Award and Lott Trophy in 2011 and earlier this week was named to the Walter Camp All-America second team.

Te’o leads the Irish with 115 tackles, 13 tackles for loss and four and a half sacks. His 311 career tackles rank eighth in Notre Dame history.

Paul M. Banks is CEO of The Sports Bank.net, an official Google News site that generates millions of unique visitors. He’s also a regular contributor to Chicago Now, Walter Football.com, Yardbarker, and Fox Sports

A Fulbright scholar and MBA, Banks has appeared on live radio shows all across the world. The President of the United States follows him on Twitter (@Paul_M_BanksTSB) You should too.

Powered by

Trackbacks

  1. Notre Dame vs Florida State: Champs Sports Bowl Preview!! | sportsjabber.net says:

    […] Thursday, December 29th, at 5:31 pm EST, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish will take on the Seminoles of Florida State in the […]

  2. Notre Dame Meets Florida State in Bowl Game Tomorrow | Chicago Sports Guru says:

    […] Thursday, December 29th, at 5:31 pm EST, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish will take on the Seminoles of Florida State in the […]

Speak Your Mind