As you can see from the picture above, Ohio State University President E. Gordon Gee looks like a COMPLETE BUFFOON! Whenever he opens his mouth he only confirms what we suspect. I really can’t wait until this bowtied moron gets his come-uppance. I thought it would come, along with Athletic Director Gene Smith last summer during all the Terrelle Pryor-Jim Tressel scandal in Columbus.
Well, hopefully it comes soon as Capt. foot in mouth disease struck again yesterday. Man, don’t you just want to punch people wearing bowties in the face?
Quotes are in no particular order, so I’ll let you the reader decide which one is worst.
5. “We hired the best coach and we went out and got the best kids so get a life,” Gee told The Lantern, the school’s student newspaper. This is in response to Badgers coach Bret Bielema calling out new Buckeyes coach Urban Meyer’s alleged shady recruiting. Well, Meyer will get his. There’s dirt there, it just hasn’t been uncovered publicly yet. Gee used his 12-year-old level insult on Bielema, but ignored Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio’s criticism of Meyer. Presumably, because of Dantonio’s past connections to Ohio St.
4. “When we had these 18 colleges all kind of floating around, they were kind of like PT Boats, they were shooting each other. It was kind of like the Polish army or something. I have no idea what it was.” That’s his brilliant insight on the confusion of coordinating 18 different University divisions.
3. “I do know, having been both a Southeastern Conference president and a Big Ten president, that it’s like murderer’s row every week for these schools. We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day.” He insulted Boise State, TCU and other mid-majors in college football by calling them the “little sisters of the poor.” How is this not the most hated man in the Big Ten?
2. He also compared the process of NCAA investigation to “a year-long colonoscopy.” God forbid a corrupt program would get investigated, by a very under-manned and overwhelmed committee. Stop being such a damn melodramatist!
1. “I’m just hoping that the coach doesn’t dismiss me,” Gee once said of Jim Tressel. What the hell kind of organization/business structure is this? I know he was joking, but again he makes himself look extremely unprofessional and kind of a bonehead.
Paul M. Banks is CEO of The Sports Bank.net, an official Google News site generating millions of unique visitors. He’s also a regular contributor to Chicago Now, Walter Football.com, Yardbarker, and Fox Sports
A Fulbright scholar and MBA, Banks has appeared on live radio all over the world; and he’s a member of the Football Writers Association of America, U.S. Basketball Writers Association, and Society of Professional Journalists. The President of the United States follows him on Twitter (@Paul_M_BanksTSB) You should too.Follow paulmbanks