(Please note this makes me want to buy BP gas less than I would have prior to this sponsorship.)
And the world arrives in Chicago as the NATO summit officially gets underway this weekend. I am not sure what is going to be more of a mess, Clark Street on Saturday at 7:00 pm or the Loop on Saturday at 7 pm. Though I can tell you what will be more fun.
With that said, let’s pray that all protests are peaceful, no violence occurs and the Cubs sweep the Pale Hose. So lets go rambling …
• The ‘Fonz unleashes his pythons and goes yard TWICE in the SAME week. The Cubs should be paying this guy triple-digit millions. Oh, wait …
• One of the great treats of being a sports fan is having your favorite players and watching them excel and do magical things in the field of play.
• One of the toughest parts of being a sports fan is seeing the same favorites have the game pass them by.
• I really hope that is not the case for good ole #34, but it doesn’t look good.
• By the way, as I type this, I have one thought swirling around in my head … I could get a hit off of Chris Volstad.
• Clearly, I know I can’t, but when I watch him pitch, I get so frustrated and that thought enters my head.
• In reference to Ryan Howard’s numbers against Volstad, Len said, “Howard is the 13 for 26 with 8 homeruns.
• “I’ll tell you what, Len, anyone that comes out of that first base dugout has good numbers against Volstad.” – Brenly
• That was a solid exchange.
• At least Volstad kept the bullpen fresh for the White Sox series …
• When did they start letting teams send at least 8 guys to the plate per inning? Oh, even Volstad has to induce three outs an inning? I didn’t know that.
• You know who won’t like me if he reads this …
• And with that, I am on to a different topic.
• James Russell is still sporting an impressive numbers with a 1.15 ERA. A little iffy as of late, but still no room to complain, especially when compared to the rest of the Pen.
• Travis Wood is batting 1.000, you guys.
• Just trying to be positive, but in all seriousness, DeJesus is really turning it on lately. That pinch-hit grand slam and subsequent double last Friday night were awesome.
• Campana is over 70 AB’s into it and still hitting well above .300. Not too shabby.
• Bryan LaHair is not bad at baseball. In fact, he is good.
• I will say it … I like Ian Stewart.
• I also think Kim DeJesus is pretty decent.
• Everyone has the right to his or her opinion. I respect them all. However, I have no problem with the Cubs saving a year of eligibility with Rizzo. His addition to the team right now will not give the Cubs a chance to make the playoffs.
• Hoyer feels that he rushed Rizzo last year and is not going to make the same mistake again. The Cubs are not being cheap. This is a standard practice across the league. It would be stupid and bad business to bring him up now.
• Again, I know it’s only an opinion, but my feelings are pretty strong about this. If you disagree, let me know. If you agree, that’s cool, too.
• I wish you all a fantastic weekend. As the NATO crowd leaves town, and the dust settles after a Cubs sweep, Memorial Day is just ahead, and the summer beckons.
• GO CUBS!
Enjoy it all this weekend, or at least a few things, and until next time …
Stay Classy Cubs Fans!!